Sunday, February 1, 2009

The ancient questions

“Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her
voice? On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she
takes her stand; beside the gates leading into the city, at the
entrances, she cries aloud: “To you, O men, I call out; I raise my
voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you
who are foolish, gain understanding. Listen, for I have worthy
things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth
speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words
of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse.
To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those
who have knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious
than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her”.
(Proverbs 8:1-11)

“Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask
where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for
your souls. But you said we will not walk in it.” (Jeremiah 6:16)

“Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light”.
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment