Sunday, February 1, 2009

Authority and independence

Do you want to know the secret to the American independent spirit?
It's simple. The creator of the human spirit gave us freedom, and a strong sense of individuality. In all western culture where there is a Bible heritage, we have a principle instilled in our heart that our allegiance is first to God, and ourselves, and second to society and other people. Reflecting this belief, we bow only to God, (if we bow at all) and we show respect to other people as equals. Our sense of individuality and personal value comes from the one who created us individually and desires relationship with each person. Thus we have a great emphasis on personal responsibility, personal choice, and personal accountability.

So what happened? From this description it sounds like we would all be happy, respectful and non violent. Instead we're more like one big dysfunctional family. Personally I believe that mankind will always try to distort this freedom. We try to have individuality without being in harmony with the creator of individuality. We kick out allegiance to God and just have allegiance to self, and others. We have distorted that which is meant for good. We don't know which way to evolve, forward or backward. The source of life calls out to us, to guide us.

OLD HIPPY (autobiography)
I hate and despise authority,
until my car does not submit to its designed purpose.
I hate and despise authority,
until my computer does not submit to the command entered.
I hate and despise authority,
until I become a manager at my job.
I hate and despise authority,
until I become a schoolteacher.
I hate and despise authority,
until I need some cops to save my ass from some gangsters.
I hate and despise authority,
until I become a father.
I hate and despise authority,
until I become an authority.
I hate and despise all authority,
until the Creator the only truly good authority
reaches out to become friends with me.

AUTHORITY ISSUES
So isn’t there a natural principle of authority that runs through all of nature. Mankind abuses and distorts authority horribly. But it was originally meant for good. Do our own authority issues from bad experiences keep us from embracing our good Creator?

No comments:

Post a Comment