Sunday, February 1, 2009

A basic premise

   If I correctly understand the basic premise of the atheist position it is that: the physical world is the totality of our reality and that all truth is subject to the law of scientific inquiry. True? - If I understand the basic premise of the theist position (limit here to Biblical model) it is that: our physical world originated from a spiritual creator and this spiritual creator is not subject to proof by law of scientific inquiry. True? - Given the differences in these basic premises is there any ground for discussion at all? Is not nature the only common ground that all humanity shares? - My personal conclusion is that I can never “prove” anything to an atheist but only possibly convince him to reconsider his basic premise. Of course he also would like to persuade me that my basic premise is faulty.
For a complete discussion please see page title Philosophy


No comments:

Post a Comment